Thank you for visiting the Glass House Cafe. We offer a socially conscious, casual urban cafe and catering house at Palmer Commons and the School of Public Health I on the University of Michigan Campus. Our enthusiastic, service-oriented team brings passion to the table and provides gracious, genuine hospitality to all guests through impeccable food and service. The Glass House menus feature globally influenced modern American fare with local ingredients whenever possible. Designed to feature a broad range of seasonal plates, our offerings indulge the diverse tastes in the area.
We introduce you to Destination Dining on Campus Featuring:
• 70-seat dining room serving breakfast and lunch with stunning campus views
• Great Lakes Coffee Roasting Company take-away counter
• 1,200 square foot full service catering kitchen
We accept UM Shortcodes, Blue Bucks, and all major credit cards.
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Hot Food Available Until 4:30pm
Friday: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Hot Food Available Until 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Phone: (734) 647.3777
School of Public Health I
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Hot Food Available Until 3:30pm
Friday: 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Hot Food Available Until 2:30pm
Our Commitment to the Environment
Glass House Café is dedicated to environmental practices that foster a sustainable future and improve the social and economic well-being of our community.
We fulfill this mission by:
- Purchasing goods from local farmers and suppliers
- Reducing waste by decreasing paper usage, utilizing electronic communications in daily operation, and installing low-flow faucets and automatic sensored hand washing sinks
- Using disposable products that are biodegradable, compostable, made from natural alternative materials or from post-consumer recycled products
- Using sanitation chemicals that are DfE Certified, packaged in condensed-sized Class 2 recyclable containers, and leave no chemical residue when empty
-Recycling paper, glass, cardboard, and metal products
-Implementing a composting program in our daily operations
-Disposing of waste in a trash compactor to decrease volumes in landfills
-Donating food to various charitable organizations in the Ann Arbor area
-Providing continuous education for staff about waste reduction and recycling
Our commitment does not end here. We constantly strive to find new ways to make a difference. We are helping to create a clean and safe place to live and work for future generations.